Management Pre-Season 2017
Last Updated: March 27, 2017
1. Online Information and Tests.
We kindly ask ALL MANAGEMENT to review the links below. The first link leads you to MANDATORY INFORMATION & TESTS on 12 separate topics. Please be sure to review this information and submit all 12 tests electronically. A copy of your tests will be sent to Garth for our records--this is important.
The rest of these links lead to information that will be reviewed at the Pre-Season Management Training at our new Yard at 2892 Barriere Lakes Road. You will be asked to sign off on these topics. Please complete in advance of the training sessions.
- MANDATORY INFORMATION & TESTS
- Management Training Checklist
- Management Commitment to Safety
- Health & Safety Accord of the BC Forest Industry
- Coast Range Heath & Safety Policy
- WCB Duties & Responsibilities
- Field Supervisor Work Instruction
- Walking in the Woods—A Safety Brainstorm
2. Pre-Season Checklist for Management
Please review the following pre-season checklist and make sure you are clear on all items. If you have any questions or concerns be sure to talk to Garth ASAP: 250-550-0113 or email@example.com
- All of your ONLINE MANAGEMENT TRAINING & TESTS and the food preference form must be completed before you get to Barriere for pre-season training. There are 12 tests that must be submitted electronically. This must be completed every year.
- S100A Training. If you already have your S100A course from a previous year, you must recertify online. If not you will attend S100A training in Barriere on April 21.
- You must have a VALID DRIVER'S LICENCE. Please be sure to Email a copy of your licence to Garth ASAP.
- You must order your Driver’s Abstract (provincial driving record) and have it emailed to Garth.
- All Management is expected to have a minimum of a VALID OFA LEVEL 1 FIRST AID CERTIFICATE and Transport Endorsement, or equivalent accepted in BC. Please email to Garth, or bring to training for photocopying.
- YOUR CREW IS HIRED AND CONFIRMED —Your planters are not confirmed until they have applied online and they have mailed their Employment Package back to Vanessa Purves.
- EACH CREW BOSS IS ASKED TO FIND A PLANTER ON THEIR CREW TO VOLUNTEER AS A "CREW DRIVER". Crew Drivers will be asked to do online training and attend Driver Training and Quality Training at our yard in Barriere on April 20. Please let Garth know who your Crew Driver(s) are and their email address as soon as possible.
- You are in STEADY CONTACT WITH ALL OF YOUR CREW--keep in touch with your crew right up until the end of April. Some people will disappear if you do not keep in touch with them.
- You are expected to be at MANAGEMENT TRAINING as per the information emailed to you by Garth during the pre-season. We will be camping at our Barriere yard for these training days. There will be showers, outhouses, heaters, and your cook will be cooking for us. We have use of the boardroom for classroom type training and we will be doing other practical training such as driving, equipment. Any suggestions you have for training are welcome.
- Be sure to communicate any questions or concerns to Garth or your Supervisor.
If you have doubts about anything, please email Garth
3. Address or Personal Information Change.
Whenever you relocate and acquire a new address, email or telephone number, send us the new information with this quick and easy to fill out an Information Change Form. Throughout the year we send out packages and any changes in your address would help us keep in touch with you.